Wednesday 13 June 2012

Visitors to my art room



I was over the moon happy today to be visited by three past art students -  Zoe, Tanya and Lucas. I know you shouldn’t have favourites as a teacher, really I do, but these lovelies are extra special to me. They graduated in 2009 and were in the first group of art students that I taught from Grade 10 through to 12. There was a buzz of creativity in this class that resulted in many very exciting artworks. 
They inspired one another and they inspired me! 
Like these three, a number of students from this year have pursued studies and careers in the arts post high school (the ultimate reward for an art teacher). 
So I think it is timely to finally start featuring some of my past student’s art. 
I will commence with my favourite work by Tanya.





Tanya created this work in Year 12 in response to the theme of 'Journeys' -  she used Brothers Grimm stories as a metaphor for the loss of childhood innocence.
These days, Tanya is busy studying a double degree in fashion design and business while also working for Black Milk Clothing. You can follow this young designer at Benji the Label
Needless to say, I am very proud of her!

I will post more work from this year group in the near future, I promise 
(including some great photography by Zoe and video art by Lucas).

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Tanya's sculptures are amazing! Totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Add comment